Even in the most well-run businesses, incidents happen.Whether these
incidents result in property damage, bodily injury or both, they can
be costly for businesses to deal with. As such, it is important for
your business to be covered for a variety of possible risks.
A commercial general liability (CGL) policy protects your business
from financial loss should you be liable for property damage, bodily
injury, or personal and advertising injury caused by your services,
business operations or your employees. Simply put, a CGL policy casts
a wide net of protection for you and your business by covering
various liabilities such as:
- Third-party bodily injury protection. Something as simple as a puest or a Client visiting your bMS›ness and sliDpinp on a wet floor can result in serious financial damages. CGL Drovides coverage for bodily inju ies suffered by thiro parties on your premises or in relation to business oDerations.
- Third-party property damage coverage. A CGL will also Drotect your Company in the event that you are founa liable for damage to someone else’s proDerty. CGL policies typically cover damage to tangible DroDerty as weI! as damages for the loss of use of the tangible property.
- Protection against personal and advertising injury liability. Not all damage is physica!. A CGL policy will also give you ample coverage for offenses made by employees of your company Such as coDyr ight infringement, slander. IiDeI or malicious Drosecution.
- Coverage for medical expenses. CGL policies w II Drovide Drotection for your comDany if a nonemD!oyee is injured on your Dremises or in an incident related to your operations. Coverage for meaical Dayments can be triggered without legal action and allows for smaller medical claims to be settled auickly and without litigation.
- A sturdy defense. Going to court or having a claim filed against you can have comDany-changing costs. CGL coverage includes protection for legal exDenses in the event that your business has a I!abiJty claim brought against it.
Want to Learn More About Commercial General Liability Insurance?
Running a business comes with plenty of risk, so it’s important to make su e that you’ e protecting you self with the appropriate coverage. Contact us toaay for more information on how a CGL Dolicy can protect your Dottom line.